Leftover corned beef and cabbage? Don’t know what to do with it? My make corned beef and cabbage egg rolls! I make two different dippin’ sauces to go with it; Guinness mustard and Guinness beer cheese sauce! Or if you’re like my husband, he likes to dip them in just plain yellow mustard (that’s how he eats his corned beef and cabbage). It’s St. Patty’s day, so go ahead, cheat a little, and have a green beer while you’re at it!
Health tips: cheat meal
Ingredients: 4 servings (makes 12 egg rolls)
For the Egg Rolls:
- 3 c. leftover corned beef, chopped (about 1 lb. You can also grab some corned beef from the deli counter at your local grocery store)
- 2 c. of leftover cabbage, chopped
- 1 c. of leftover carrots, chopped
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- Mustard (your choice of yellow, whole grain, spicy brown, or Dijon)
- Cooking spray
- Tiny bowl of water (for moistening the eggroll wrappers)
Guinness Mustard Dippin’ Sauce:
- ¼ c. whole grain mustard
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 TBS Guinness beer (save some for the beer cheese)
- 2 tsp finely chopped shallot (or ¼ tsp onion powder)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Guinness Beer Cheese Dippin’ Sauce:
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1 tsp mustard (I used spicy brown)
- 1/3 c. Guinness beer (what you do with the rest, is up to you!)
- Olive oil
- Hot sauce to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, mix the corned beef, cabbage, and carrots.
Lay egg roll wrapper out and brush with your choice of mustard.
Add 1/3 cup of the corned beef filling into the middle of the wrapper.
Dip your finger into the bowl of water and wet the edges of the wrapper.
Fold the wrapper following the photos below.
Spray the entire roll with cooking spray and bake on a cookie sheet with a cooling rack insert. Bake seam side down for 15-20 minutes. Flip egg rolls over and bake on other side for another 10 minutes. Take out to cool for a few minutes and make cheese sauce, if using.
- While egg rolls bake, make mustard sauce. Just mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once egg rolls are out of the oven, make the cheese sauce. To the shredded cheese, add the flour, toss, and set aside.
Heat a 2 tsp oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add beer. Once beer comes to a simmer, add cheese, stirring in a figure eight motion until melted (it only takes a minute or two). Turn heat off, stir in mustard of choice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
Now have a green beer and enjoy!