Happy 1 year anniversary Family Apron! Many of you tuned in to watch our first live feed on Facebook. Thank you for tuning in and watching. It was super fun and we know what to modify for next time! Here is the recipe we promised! We had mentioned that this is a fun way to do dessert in the summer. It’s refreshing and a little lighter than a heavy piece of cake. I have friends coming to a BBQ tomorrow so I will definitely be making this again! Thank you all for following us and making our recipes! Cheers to our first year and cheers to many more!
-Tammy and Melanie
Health tips: Cheat meal
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, and cut into about 1/2 inch rings (this will make 6 – 8 rings depending on the size of your pineapple)
- 3-4 fresh peaches, cut in half, then pitted
- 1 TBS butter, melted
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- 2 TBS dark rum
- sea salt (2 pinches)
- vanilla ice cream
- sweetened shredded coconut
- macadamia nuts, chopped
- almond slivers
Notes: You can grill the fruit on the outdoor grill or on a grill pan. Heat either one to medium/medium-high heat.
1. Preheat the outdoor grill or grill pan to medium/medium-high heat.
2. Make the caramel sauce by mixing the caramel, rum, and salt together in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until just heated through. Set aside.
3. Mix the melted butter and brown sugar together and brush over both sides of the pineapple. If using peaches, brush on the exposed part of the flesh.
4. Grill the pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side. Grill the peach for 2-3 minutes on the exposed side. If using an indoor grill pan, cover the fruit loosely with foil while cooking. You should see nice grill marks.
5. If you would like, you can toast your nuts and coconut toppings in a small dry skillet over medium heat, tossing or stirring frequently until your nose smells it and you see a light golden color.
5. To plate, lay fruit on a plate or bowl. Top with a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce. Top everything with your topping(s) of choice: coconut, macadamia nuts, almonds, or granola. That’s it! Cheers!