This is the perfect salad for you Reuben sandwich fans out there! Thank you again for your 30-minute meals Rachael Ray! We all know rye bread is bomb but you won’t miss it in this recipe. The Russian dressing is so flavorful with the meat and cheese, my mouth is watering just talking about it. We replaced the sour cream with Greek yogurt and it still tastes luscious. It’s enjoyable as a side dish and substantial enough as a main meal!
Health tips: Low carb, Keto, low fat
Ingredients (4 servings)
- About 2/3 cup non-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt
- About 1/3 cup ketchup
- About 1/4 cup relish
- About 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 – 1 pound pastrami and/or corned beef
- 1/2 pound Swiss, Havarti or Muenster cheese, preferably with dill
- 2 deli pickles sliced or pepperoncinis
- Optional: sauerkraut or pickled onions
- Dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. If you want to loosen up the sauce, just add pickle or pepperoncini juice.
- Core and quarter the lettuce and thinly slice each quarter wedge.
- Stack and slice the deli meats and cheese into 1-inch wide strips.
- Arrange the sliced lettuce on a large plate. Top with meats and cheese (and optional sauerkraut or onions) and dressing, then garnish with a few slices of deli pickles or pepperoncinis. Enjoy!