In the midst of all the Corona virus chaos, I feel so blessed with the gift of time. I feel so fortunate to be able to work with my own kids at home and have more time to cook and blog. And I know now, more than ever, is a time to stay as healthy as possible. I decided to meal prep my breakfast smoothies. I prepped 5 at a time, one for each weekday morning. I put the majority of the ingredients in a 1 quart container and into the freezer. If you don’t have containers, just use quart size freezer bags. In the morning, I throw the contents of the container into my blender and add greek yogurt and almond milk…and maybe a tiny squirt of agave if I want a touch of sweetness. I take my time drinking it because I love the flavor so much. The oats keep me filled until my lunch. Please feel free to modify this recipe to what you have in your pantry, fidge, and freezer.
Stay safe, healthy, and for cryin’ out loud….stay home. ❤
Health tips: low fat, covid-19 approved 🤗
Ingredients (1 serving per quart container)
- 3/4 cup frozen fruit of choice (I used mixed berries)
- 1/2 of a super ripe banana (for added sweetness)
- 1 large handful of greens of choice (I had baby kale/spinach mix)
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup oats
- 1 TBS flax seed or ground flax
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- almond milk (I used less sugar vanilla)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
1. Gather your first 5 ingredients and add to your quart container or freezer bag. Put in freezer until ready to use.
2. When ready to make your smoothie, place the contents of the container into a blender. Add Greek yogurt and almond milk. Use enough milk to make it blend properly. Add a tsp of agave, if needed. But I usually let my bananas get super ripe which makes them extra sweet!