Happy National Pizza Day! What better way to celebrate than with a healthier riff on a classic! I made a margarita style pizza (adapted from Optavia), but you can switch up the ingredients! Next time I’m going to make a white sauce veggie pizza with roasted garlic, artichoke hearts, zucchini, mushrooms, and olives. Now you can eat pizza and feel good about it! Cheers!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 to 1 c. marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 to 1 c. low skim mozzarella cheese
- Roma or cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare your cookie sheet by placing parchment paper with a little spray of cooking spray.
2. Mix chicken, eggs, parm cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic together in a bowl. Do not over mix, just until it comes together. Mixture will be very wet because of the eggs. Spread onto parchment paper (on cookie sheet) into a flat circle. See photo below. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a very light golden color.
3. Spread sauce (as much or as little as you want), then add cheese (again, as much or as little as you want). Top with tomatoes and bake for 7 minutes. Then turn on broiler to finish off for a few more minutes. Take put and top with basil.