This is another one of my favorite Rachael Ray recipes, it’s a take on Chicken Cordon Bleu but prepared in a fun compact stack. Grilling all the individual components really adds such great flavor, and the combination of ingredients is perfect. And the addition of the light swiss cheese makes you feel like you’re indulging. This is such a simple, wholesome, satisfying meal!
Health tips: Low fat, low carb, heart healthy, diabetes friendly, anti inflammatory, kid friendly
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (Take 2 large chicken breasts and butterfly slice horizontally through the middle OR cut in half and pound.)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 LARGE portobello mushroom caps, stems pulled out
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- 4 slices ham or Canadian bacon
- 4 oz. reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded (If you can only find slices, you can just cut them up.)
- Preheat a grill to medium. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water and mayonnaise. Brush onto the mushroom caps, zucchini slices and chicken cutlets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables, chicken and ham/Canadian bacon to the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until the vegetables are browned and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Off the grill, top each mushroom cap with some cheese, then zucchini slices, more cheese, a chicken cutlet, more cheese, ham/Canadian bacon slice, then topped with remaining cheese. Using a large spatula, transfer to the grill, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Enjoy!