It’s been awhile since I blogged but I’m excited to get back on to share one of my favorite grilled chicken recipes. Skinny Taste is one of my go-to sites and I absolutely love this one. The chicken is so flavorful and tender, and the garlic yogurt gives it a rich acidic kick without the fat. Paired with grilled veggies, and boom it’s a complete low-carb meal! So easy and budget friendly too. It’s starting to warm up out there, so this would be the perfect backyard dish to whip up for a few folks or a group!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Place the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. Pound each breast to an even thickness, about ½-inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, red pepper, salt and black pepper and whisk.
- Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken, massaging it to evenly coat. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- In a small bowl (or right in the container), combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice bell peppers and onion (or desired veggies) and toss in olive oil and pepper. Wrap in foil to make a packet.
- Over medium-high heat, place veggie packet on the grill along with the chicken. Grill the chicken for 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken and grill an additional 3-4 minutes. Veggies should be done as well. You can also sauté veggies on the stove.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes then slice it thinly, across the grain.
- Divide veggies on 4 plates to form a bed with sliced chicken on top. Top each breast with 2 tablespoons sauce and a sprinkle of parsley and pepper if desired.