Happy Halloween! We have a wonderful block to trick-or-treat on. Because of this, we invite people over to hang out. There are plenty of snacks and beverages for both adults and children. I always make sure I have savory dishes and not so many sweet dishes. The kiddos will have enough sweets with the candy! I did however make these mini pumpkin pie bites to snack on. They turned out really yummy! A prefect little sweet treat for this fun-filled day! Have a safe one!
Health tips: kid-friendly
Ingredients (makes about 48 bites)
- 1 package of refrigerated pie dough (it comes with 2 in the package)
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- whip cream (optional)
- 2 3/4 in. biscuit or cookie cutter
- mini muffin tin
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray the mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll out both pie dough’s on a lightly floured surface. Roll them out very thin. Using your biscuit cutter, make about 24 circle per pie dough (you will have to take the left-over edges and roll them out again until all the dough is used up). Place each pie dough circle in each mini muffin space, pressing gently.
- To make the filling, stir the pumpkin, sugar, salt, pie spice, milk, and eggs in a bowl. Carefully pour the filling into the mini muffin tin until they almost reach the top of the pie crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes (until a knife is inserted and comes out clean).
*I only have 1 muffin tin, so I had to do 2 batches. My mini muffin tin makes 24 at a time. Also, I had a little pumpkin mix leftover. And I absolutely love the Lucerne Dairy farms pumpkin pie spiced, spray whip cream I purchased at Albertson’s to g on top! Sooo yummy!