Chia seed pudding is one of my new obsessions. Thank you to Giada De Laurentiis for introducing me to such a simple, healthy and tasty treat! It’s a great wholesome snack to have, and especially a perfect breakfast to start off the day with. Those chia seeds are jam packed with Omega 3s, and you’ll get a load of calcium and vitamins in the milk, fruit and almonds. I’ve discovered that it’s also very flexible according to your taste, you can mix and top chia pudding with just about anything. Here is a recipe for one of my favorite combinations, Nutella and bananas!
Health tips: Anti-inflammatory, low carb, low fat
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 of ripe banana
- (Tip: For a basic chia pudding base, only mix together milk, chia seeds and a simple sweetener. For example, a drizzle of honey and vanilla extract. Artificial sweeteners can be used for diabetic-friendly diets. Start with a small dose of sweeter and increase if needed, about 1/2 teaspoon. Then, add your choice of toppings, fruits, granola, nuts, etc…)
- Heat the Nutella in a small glass bowl in microwave for 30 seconds until softened. Pour milk in the bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and keep in fridge overnight.
- The next morning, the chia seeds should be plumped up. Add in half of the bananas. Mix around the thickened pudding to distribute evenly.
- Top with the rest of the bananas, toasted almonds, a drizzle of honey and some cinnamon. Enjoy!