Sometimes I want something sweet for breakfast and sometimes I want something savory. Either way, I try to have a healthy, filling breakfast to start my day. I like balance and my breakfast toast with a hardboiled egg is the perfect savory breakfast to start my day.
Health tips: diabetes friendly, kidney friendly*, low carb
Ingredients: 1 serving
- Your favorite wheat bread/whole grain bread/sprouted bread (I like this one; it has fiber, low carbs, it’s only 40 calories per slice, and doesn’t contain corn syrup or artificial flavors)
- 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese
- A few slices to ½ avocado
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 1 hardboiled egg (optional; to eat along side or you can slice it and put it on top)
- Toast your bread. Spread the cheese. Add a layer of sprouts, top with avocado slices.
*Avocados are high in potassium. People who have kidney disease are on a low-potassium diet. But since this is only a few slices of avocado (less than a quarter of an avocado), this breakfast will be totally fine. If you do not have to watch your potassium intake, I would add more avocado.