Ready for a double-dose of stuffed goodness? These simple Jalapeño Poppers and Stuffed Mushrooms both use a similar creamy stuffing, making it even easier to prepare. You can also prep them ahead of time. These delicious finger foods will satisfy your crowd at your next get together!
Health tips: Cheat meal
Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients (12-24 servings)
- 12 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese, softened to room temp (Double if making the stuffed mushrooms as well)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Double if making the stuffed mushrooms as well)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated (Double if making the stuffed mushrooms as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (Double if making the stuffed mushrooms as well)
- 12 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise (Use 18 slices if making the stuffed mushrooms as well) (Tip: Bacon works as well, but I love using prosciutto because it’s thinner.)
- 24 toothpicks
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise (You can either cut off the stem or leave on for the look.). Remove seeds and center membrane. (Tip: REMEMBER TO USE GLOVES AND A SPOON TO AVOID BURNING.) Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and paprika together until combined. You could also do this by hand using a rubber spatula. Spoon filling equally among all 24 jalapeño halves.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a half slice of prosciutto, securing with a toothpick.
- If using the oven: Preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place a baking rack on top if you have one. Place jalapeño poppers on the baking rack and bake for 15 minutes or until prosciutto is browned and crisp. (Bacon would take longer, about 20-25 minutes. Put in broiler for a few minutes after to crisp more.)
- If using the grill: Heat the grill on medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Grill jalapeño poppers until all sides are browned and crisp, rotating a few times to evenly cook all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Take the jalapeño poppers out of the oven or off the grill, and let cool enough to handle. You can either leave whole or cut in half for bite-sized pieces. I cut in bite-sized pieces and stick toothpicks in each.
Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients (12-24 servings)
- 24 medium/large white button mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp towel
- Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, smoked paprika mixture from jalapeño popper recipe (If not making the jalapeño poppers, use only 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar, 1 garlic clove and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika)
- 6 slices prosciutto or bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons-1/4 cup scallions (green onion) to taste, sliced, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place a baking rack on top if you have one.
- Pull the stems off the mushrooms and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix prosciutto and scallions with the cream cheese mixture. Spoon a generous amount into each hollow mushroom.
- Place each stuffed mushroom on the baking rack and bake for 15 minutes. The top of the stuffed mushrooms should be a golden color.
- Remove from oven and garnish with more scallions.