Strawberry season is upon us! And what better way to celebrate than to make my Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast! A yummy breakfast to make on the weekend OR for dinner (which is what we did….it’s always fun to have breakfast for dinner once in a while)!
Health tips: kidney-friendly, kid-friendly
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 8-10 slices of bread (any bread you would like, I chose a day old French loaf from the clearance section and sliced it myself)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. almond milk vanilla creamer
- 4 oz. Greek yogurt cream cheese, softened to room temperature (or you can use any cream cheese you’d like)
- 8-10 strawberries, divided (depending on how big or small they are)
- 1 TBS honey
- Coconut oil or butter
- Make the filling: combine the cream cheese and honey. Finely chop 2 of the strawberries and fold them in. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and creamer together in a shallow dish. Set aside. Slice the rest of the strawberries and set aside. Slice the bread if not already sliced (this is a good opportunity to buy the bread on clearance. Stale bread is perfect for this. I got my loaf for .99).
- Spread about 2 TBS of cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Add sliced strawberries on one of the two slices of bread. Place two slices together and dip in the egg mixture on each side.
- Heat coconut oil or butter in a non-stick pan over medium/medium -low heat. Cook each side of the bread, making sure the egg is cooked all the way through and not soggy. Serve with syrup, whip cream, and/or powdered sugar.