Lots of BBQ’s and summer gatherings will soon be happening (if they’re not already). If you need a yummy appetizer to bring to your next gathering, try my Sriracha Bacon Deviled Eggs! We recently went to a giant gathering and these bad boys were gone in minutes! Deviled eggs with a little kick! Enjoy!
Health tips: low carb, diabetes friendly, kidney friendly
Ingredients: 12 servings (2 egg halves per person)
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard boiled
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 TBS yellow mustard
- ¼ of small white onion, grated
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- bacon pieces/bits
- salt (optional)
- 1 stalk green onion, finely sliced for garnish (optional)
How you boil your eggs is up to you. 🙂 I do it the way my daddy taught me. I let my eggs come to room temperature. I bring a pot of water to a low boil (enough water to cover the eggs). I gently lower my eggs in the water and simmer them for 13 minutes (make sure the water isn’t boiling to high or your egg yolks will become gray). I take them out and cool them with cold running water. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll even put them in an ice bath to cool them even faster. They peel easily for me every time.
- Cut the peeled eggs in half, lengthwise. Take out the yolks add them to a bowl. Set the egg whites on a serving dish.
- Mash the yolks with a fork (or I use a potato ricer for a smoother texture) in side a bowl.
- Grate the onion (with a cheese grater) right over the bowl so that the onion juice falls right on top of the yolks.
- Add the mayo, Sriracha, mustard, Worcestershire, and salt.
- Mix it up really well. You can spoon the yolk mixture right into the egg whites. But to make filling the eggs even easier, you can add the yolk mixture into a large Ziploc baggie. Squish it all into one corner. Cut the tip of the corner off, and squeeze out the mixture into the egg whites. If you want your eggs to look even fancier, you can use a special cake frosting tip and piping bag to squeeze out the mixture.
- Top with bacon crumbles and scallions. Enjoy!