I saw the video for this scrumptious recipe on the Food Done Good FB page and just had to try it! Snickers is my absolute favorite candy bar and what could be better than pairing that with a childhood favorite, Rice Krispie Treats!? This recipe is super easy and quick, and will make any adult or kid super happy. Plus, it makes a pretty large batch for a get together. Bite into these yummy sweet and salty treats soon!
Health tips: Cheat meal, kid friendly
Ingredients (18-24 servings)
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 16 oz. (1½ 11 oz. bags) caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add marshmallows, and stir together until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take off heat and pour in Rice Krispies. Stir together until cereal is completely coated.
- Lay parchment paper along the inside of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour cereal into pan and press down evenly with another piece of parchment paper to avoid sticking to your fingers. (Don’t squish too much!)
- Sprinkle and softly press peanuts evenly over the top of the Rice Krispie treats.
- In a medium-sized sauce sauce pan, combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat. Stir until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel evenly over the top of Rice Krispie treats. You may need to slightly tip the pan around to spread it.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (for about 90 seconds total), stirring after each until smooth. You can also melt in a glass bowl over a sauce pan with boiling water over the stove.
- Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 2 hours until chocolate is completely set. Let it sit out at room temperature for a bit until you can cut into it. Enjoy!