If you want to serve up an elegant, yet quick and easy appetizer for a get together, this is your recipe! It would also be perfect alongside some meat. I saw various versions of this recipe around Pinterest and finally decided to make it my own. It seriously only takes about 15 minutes to whip this up and will not disappoint. The creaminess of the Laughing Cow cheese and thin crispy saltiness of the prosciutto will satisfy your taste buds without the guilt!
Health tips: Low carb, low fat, heart healthy, anti-inflammatory, diabetes friendly
Ingredients (8 servings)
- One 6 oz. wheel of Chive & Onion Laughing Cow wedges (8 wedges total)
- 24 prosciutto slices
- 24 asparagus spears, 1/2″ thick, trimmed to 5″ long
- Optional: Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh lemon Juice
- Preheat broiler to high, with the tray about 6″ from the heat source.
- Drizzle asparagus with a bit of olive oil and light sprinkling of salt and pepper. (Tip: If you’re watching your sodium, eliminate the salt as the prosciutto is already salted.)
- Spread a thin layer of Laughing Cow wedge (about 1/3 of wedge) onto a prosciutto slice and spiral wrap around the length of each asparagus spear.
- Spread asparagus onto a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for about 3-4 minutes. Turn asparagus over and broil for another 3-4 minutes, or until the prosciutto crisps up and the asparagus is bright green and tender.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top, and add more pepper if desired. Enjoy!