I needed to switch up my smoothie routine. Don’t get me wrong, I love my berry smoothie with greens and oatmeal, but I had it too many days in a row. When fruit is on sale, I buy it, take it home, wash it, cut it up, and stick it in the freezer. Feel free to use fresh or frozen. When I made mine, everything was frozen (except coconut). It’s getting warmer, so pina colada sounded good. I created this one and it turned out SUPER yummy. Enjoy!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1/4 c. (4 TBS) unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2 banana cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. strawberries
- 1/2 c. pineapple
- 1 rounded TBS slivered almonds
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. vanilla coconut or almond milk (or coconut water)
- 1 TBS flax seeds (optional)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender or personal blender and blend it all up. That’s it! So refreshing!