Good morning! I have no idea what day it is, but that’s okay…and that’s the new “norm”, isn’t it? My kids have been making their own breakfast for many years. So it’s really nice that I now have the opportunity to make them breakfast on some mornings, like today! I happen to love Dave’s Killer Bread, so that’s what I used for myself. I used regular wheat bread for the twins. My crazy hubby doesn’t like eggs, so this breakfast wouldn’t work for him. However, my twins love eggs! Kayla likes runny yolks, but my son doesn’t. You’ll see in the photos that two of the yolks are broken. That’s on purpose. I broke them for my son. I actually sprinkled “everything bagel seasoning” on mine after it came out! I think adding some avocado and bacon on top would be magical! Stay healthy friends!
Ingredients (1 servings=1 or 2 slices of bread with same amount of egg)
- 1-2 slices of bread
- 1-2 eggs
- shredded cheese
- salt & pepper
- Everything Bagel seasoning (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Start by heating your oven to 350°. Take a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper or lay foil down and spray it with oil.
- Lay each slice of bread on sheet and push the center of it down with a spoon and your fingers, leaving the edges up to hold the egg.
- Spread butter on the edges of each slice. Sprinkle bread with salt and pepper.
- Crack egg into the center if bread. Break yolks if you want. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese around the buttered edges.
- Depending on how you like your eggs, bake in oven for 15-25 minutes, until they’re set to how you like them.
- When they’re out, you can eat them as is, or add additional toppings mentioned above.
One thought on “Cheesy Eggy Breakfast Toast”
Love you both!! Thanks for all these delicious recipes. Keep up the amazing work. ❤️