Here’s one of the easiest brunch recipes you can make in 30 minutes! Frittatas and egg scrambles are so easy and versatile. I really just want to show you the method here, you can make it any way you want, depending on what you have in your fridge. As long as you have eggs you’re good! We have a few other Frittata recipes we’ve blogged too. My favorite has to be the Asparagus Cheese one, sooo good with the ricotta in it!
Health tips: Low carb, Keto, low fat, diabetes friendly
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Powdered turmeric (optional health kick, but don’t need it to season it’s a neutral flavor)
- Broccoli, onions, mushrooms or other veggies, chopped or sliced
- Cooked meat like bacon, sausage or ham, crumbled or chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Garnishes like scallions, cilantro and Sriracha
- Drizzle olive oil in a medium 10″ sauté pan and heat over medium heat. If you include meat, cook that first so it leaves flavor in the pan. Set aside.
- Then, if using onions, sauté those next for 5-10 minutes until softened and golden brown. Add other vegetables until softened. Frozen veggies can be added right in the pan.
- If adding meat, mix back in with vegetables. They key is to fill the pan pretty generously with your fillings so the Frittata is full of meat and veggies, not just eggy. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scramble eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and turmeric if desired. Add a bit of water or milk for fluffiness.
- Pour over meat/vegetable mixture and swirl around to spread across entire pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Cook until edges start to turn solid and golden.
- Turn broiler to high.
- Broil on the middle rack for 5-7 minutes, until its firm on top.
- Garnish, slice and serve. Enjoy!