Pumpkin, pumpkin, “how do I love thee? Let me count the ways….” Yes, I’m obsessed with pumpkin! And it’s pumpkin season! If you are a pumpkin junkie like me, then you will “fall” for this pumpkin oatmeal recipe, inspired by Lisa Lillien (aka Hungry Girl). It’s filling, super healthy, and oh, so delectable!
Health tips: Low fat, vegetarian, heart healthy, anti-inflammatory, *diabetes-friendly, kid-friendly
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 packet, original flavor oatmeal (instant)
- ¼ c. Fiber One Original brand cereal, crushed
- 2-3 TBS canned pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2-3 tsp real maple syrup*
- ½ c. vanilla almond milk*
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Whip cream* (homemade, or from the can)
- Place all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir, then put back into the microwave for another 45 seconds. Take out, stir. Add a touch more of the almond milk if the oatmeal is too thick. Top with a little spray of whip cream. Indulge!
*If you have diabetes, please replace the syrup and whip cream, with sugar-free products. Many stores carry sugar-free maple syrup and whip cream. Also, please use the vanilla almond milk marked “less sugar”, “low sugar”, or “unsweetened”.