Leftovers…What to do with them? I know! Make a Panini! A delectable, full-of-flavor Panini! There are times when I have things leftover in my refrigerator that I need to use up. This was one of those times. But by all means, if you do not have these ingredients hanging around in your fridge, go out and get them and make my roast beef and brie Panini. Enjoy, it’s a cheat meal!
Health tips: cheat meal
Ingredients: 2 servings
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ pound of roast beef, sliced (from the deli, not from a container/package)
- Brie cheese, sliced
- ½ an onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
Horseradish spread ingredients:
- 1 TBS Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS mayonnaise
- 1 TBS horseradish
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard (or Dijon)
- Make horseradish spread by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Sauté the onions on a little bit of olive oil until caramelized at the edges; set aside.
- Butter the outside of 2 pieces of bread and press some parmesan cheese on each side. Flip the bread over so that the unbuttered side is showing. Spread some of the horseradish on one side. Then add ¼ pound of roast beef. Place onions on top of beef, then top onions with sliced brie cheese. Place the buttered/parmesan pressed slice on top. Place sandwich in a panini press (alternatively, you can grill in a pan over medium heat). Cook until the outsides have a deep golden color. You can use the leftover horseradish sauce to dip the Panini in, if you wish. Sit back and indulge!