My weakness=CHEESE. I found this insanely flavorful and super easy recipe on www.damndelicious.net and am in love. It’s also very flexible…you can pretty much stuff anything in crescent roll dough and wow your family and friends. I added fresh basil to mine and paired them with marinara sauce for the perfect bite!
Health tips: Cheat meal
Ingredients (16 servings)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 teaspoon mixed Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz.) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 48 fresh mozzarella pearls, drained (fresh solid mozzarella or string cheese cut up into 1/2″ pieces work)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a 24-cup mini muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, dried seasonings and salt; set aside.
- Halve each of the 8 biscuits, making 16 pieces. Working one at a time, use a rolling pin to flatten each piece to about 1/4-inch thickness. Add 3 mozzarella pearls/pieces to the center of each biscuit piece before rolling into a ball.
- Place into the prepared muffin tin and brush each ball with half of the butter mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture and garnish with fresh parsley and basil. Serve immediately, alongside marinara sauce. Enjoy!