I belong to a private group on Facebook. The purpose of this group is to encourage each other and share ideas about living a healthy life style. We post and converse about many things, but my favorite thing is sharing ideas about food. One of my friends posted this original “Zucchini Carpaccio” recipe. It looked amazing; refreshing and simple with only 5 ingredients. I just happened to have all 5 ingredients on hand for lunch that day so I made it. I loved it so much, I made it for dinner that night and then for breakfast the next day! A big thank you to Gina Homolka from http://www.skinnytaste.com for this recipe. I hope you all can enjoy it too! Cheers!
Health tips: kidney friendly, diabetes friendly, vegetarian
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 2 medium zucchini, ends cut off and sliced 1/16th with mandolin* (I cut mine using my spiralizer*)
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
1. Combine oil and lemon juice. Lay the zucchini on a plate. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Repeat layering zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice until all zucchini is used up. Let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
3. Right before serving, top with fresh arugula, squeeze a bit more lemon and top with shaved Parmesan.
*If you do not have a mandolin or spiralizer, then just thinly slice the zucchini with a sharp knife. These are both great kitchen tools I use often. You may want to invest in one. They’re not expensive and I use them all the time. 🙂
The original recipe can be found here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-carpaccio/#YPzgeYuk3IFUkVDu.99 Again, thank you Gina for this fabulous recipe!