I am definitely a grazer when it comes to getting through the day, especially when I’m stressed from work! Because of this, I try my very best to fill my fridge and pantry with healthy snacks. It’s tough when I have that Hot Cheeto Fries craving though ahhh (which by the way aren’t super bad since you can have over 20 pieces a serving lol)…but back to healthiness haha…This is another favorite from Bobby Flay’s Fit cookbook. Edamame is delicious steamed/boiled with just a sprinkling of salt but this is a uniquely easy take on it, love it!
Health tips: Low fat, heart healthy, low carb, diabetes friendly, anti-inflammatory
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced paper thin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (20 oz.) bag frozen edamame in pods, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil over low heat until it begins to simmer. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove garlic chips with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and season with a bit of salt. Reserve the oil.
- Put the edamame in a bowl, add the garlic oil, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Spread the edamame in an even layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. Roast until pods are charred and the beans are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a platter, and top with the garlic chips. Season with a bit more salt if needed. Enjoy!