Who doesn’t love to bite into chicken with a crunch!? This healthy recipe is sure to satisfy kids and adults alike.
Health tips: Low carb, kidney friendly, diabetes friendly, kid friendly
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2 large chicken breast (cut in half lengthwise, then cut in half again to make 8 pieces)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 gloves of garlic chopped or grated
- ¾ c. whole wheat bread crumbs. (I used a combination of whole wheat sour dough bread crumbs that I made myself mixed with whole wheat panko bread crumbs)
- ¼ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used 2%, but feel free to use full fat since there is so little)
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried parsley or 1 TBS of fresh, chopped parsley
- Sheet pan/cookie sheet covered with foil
- Baking/cooling rack (use this if you have one so the chicken does not get soggy on the bottom)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken and assemble the cookie sheet with foil and baking/cooling rack
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil of medium low. Add butter to olive oil. Once butter is melted, add the garlic and cook until it’s barely a light golden brown. Turn off stove and take off the heat.
4. Mix bread crumbs, parm cheese, sharp cheddar, parsley, and pepper in a shallow dish.
5. Dip chicken pieces into buttery, garlic mixture then press into the cheesy bread crumbs.
6. Lay pieces onto the baking/cooling rack. If you have a little extra bread crumbs left in the shallow dish, pile those on top of the chicken and gently press down.Spray or drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken.
7. Baking for 25-30 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken is).
That’s it! Serve with a simple salad like my Arugula Salad with Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette found here https://familyapron.com/2015/09/02/prosciutto-wrapped-shrimp-arugula-salad-with-grilled-lemon-vinegarette-oh-and-brown-rice-pilaf/