Football season makes me think of all things food! With Super Bowl 50 coming up, I wanted to give you a recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Who doesn’t love chicken wings? I am giving you wings-TWO WAYS….buffalo and garlic Parmesan. These wings will score you a touchdown with your football friends; you’ll be invited back! And thank you to my cousins Scott and Julie for the inspiration for this recipe!
Enjoy! And, GO BRONCOS!
Health tips: cheat meal, low carb
Wing Ingredients: 10 or more servings (4-5 pounds makes about 50 wings, depending on the size of the chickens)
- 4-5 lb. chicken wings (fresh or frozen is fine)
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 c. Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp season salt
- ½ stick butter, melted
Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- ½ stick better
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS garlic, chopped or grated
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan (I used the one from the canister)
- 2 cookie sheets/sheet pans
- Baking racks to fit into the sheets
- 2 big bowls to toss the wings
- If you purchased you chicken wings whole (like I did), you will need to separate them. I forgot to take photos of me doing this, so here is a YouTube video that shows you how…it’s VERY easy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the baking racks on each cookie sheet (you may want to line your sheet with foil first, then put the baking rack on top, for easy clean up).
- Sprinkle each wing with some Cajun seasoning. Spread the wings onto the 2 baking racks.
- Bake for 30 minutes then take the wings out and flip each piece over. When you put the cookie sheets back into the oven, trade their positions (The cookie sheet on the top now goes on the bottom and vice versa). Bake for 20-30 more minutes until they are nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile make the sauces: To make the buffalo sauce, melt butter in a big bowl in the microwave. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (Frank’s Hot Sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder) until combined. When wings come out of the oven, take half of them and toss them in the buffalo sauce.
- To make the garlic parmesan, melt butter and olive oil in a pan on medium-low heat, stir in garlic and salt and cook a few minutes until garlic is soft (Do not turn your stove on too high of heat or the garlic will burn). Pour this mixture into the other big bowl and toss the other half of the wings. Once the garlic wings are all coated, sprinkle on the parm cheese. When you put them on a plate, sprinkle them with a little parsley.
That’s it! It’s a cheat day; enjoy the game, the commercials, the food, the company, and the beer! Maybe play a few squares too, for me!