This is one of my, and also my nephew Aidon’s favorite, healthy snacks. And it seriously only takes 5 minutes to make. I found this recipe on the Recipe Book and More blog and adjusted a bit to decrease the salt and increase the dill. Enjoy that slightly salty, tart flavor of salt and vinegar chips with the brightness of dill, without all the carbs. It’s also very refreshing on a hot summer day!
Health tips: Anti-inflammatory, Low carb, low fat, heart healthy, diabetes friendly, kid friendly
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2 cucumbers, washed, peeled & sliced
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl or tupperware container, mix together vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- Add cucumber slices and dill, and stir gently to combine. If mixing in a tupperware, cover and flip around to combine it all.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until chilled. Enjoy!